Easton's Bible Dictionary
Brother (i.e., "friend") of union.
A son of Bela, the son of Benjamin (1Chronicles 8:7).
Name different in Hebrew, meaning brother of Judah. Chief of the tribe of Asher; one of those appointed by Moses to superintend the division of Canaan among the tribe (Numbers 34:27 ).
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Brother of vanity
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Prince of Asher; assisted Joshua and Eleazar in dividing Canaan (Numbers 34:27).
2. 1 Chronicles 8:7.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
AHIHUD (‘brother is majesty’). 1 . The prince of the tribe of Asher ( Numbers 34:27 (P [Note: Priestly Narrative.] )). 2 . A Benjamite ( 1 Chronicles 8:6-7 ).
Holman Bible Dictionary
(uh hi' huhd) 1. Personal name meaning, “my brother is splendid or majestic” (Hebrew achihud ). A leader of the tribe of Asher who helped divide the Promised Land among the tribes (Numbers 34:27 ). 2 . Meaning “my brother is a riddle” (Hebrew achichud ). A member of tribe of Benjamin (1 Chronicles 8:7 ).
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son ofShelomi, and prince of the tribe of Asher, chosen to arrange the division of the land. Numbers 34:27 .
2. Descendant of Benjamin. 1 Chronicles 8:7 .
- Father of Ahihud, a prince of Asher
- (peaceful ), an Asherite, father of Ahihud
- The nearest Hebrew name is Ahihud ( 1 Chronicles 8:7 )
One of the sons of Bela, the son of Benjamin (1Chronicles 8:3); called also Ahihud (verse 7 )