1 Chronicles 12:
Elkanah, and Jesiah, and Azareel, and Joezer, and Jashobeam, the Korhites,
1 Chronicles 25:
The eleventh to Azareel, he
, his sons, and his brethren, were
1 Chronicles 27:
Of Dan, Azareel the son of Jeroham. These were
the princes of the tribes of Israel.
Azareel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah,
And his brethren, chief of the fathers, two hundred forty and two: and Amashai the son of Azareel, the son of Ahasai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer,
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
AZAREEL or AZARAEL.
1. Nehemiah 12:36.
2. 1 Chronicles 12:6.
3. Or Uzziel, 1 Chronicles 25:18; 1 Chronicles 25:4.
4. 1 Chronicles 27:22.
5. Ezra 10:41.
6. Nehemiah 12:13.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(az' uh rehl) KJV spelling for Azarel. See Azarel .
Morrish Bible Dictionary
- Azarael, Azareel
1. One who resorted to David at Ziklag. 1 Chronicles 12:6 .
2. One in the service of song in the time of David. 1 Chronicles 25:18 . See ASARELAH.
3. Danite ruler in the time of David. 1 Chronicles 27:22 .
4. One who had married a strange wife. Ezra 10:41 .
5. Son of Ahasai. Nehemiah 11:13 .
6. A Levite-musician. Nehemiah 12:36 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Help of God
es'Ril - [Azareel , or SHARAI ]
Amashai - The son of Azareel, appointed by Nehemiah to reside at Jerusalem and do the work of the temple (Nehemiah 11:13 )
Amasha'i - (burdensome ), son of Azareel, a priest in the time of Nehemiah, ( Nehemiah 11:13 ) apparently the same as MAASIAI
Azareel - Azareel or AZARAEL
Jeroham - ...
The father of Azareel, the "captain" of the tribe of Dan (1 Chronicles 27:22 )
Jeroham - Father of Azareel a prince of Dan
Jer'Oham - ) ...
A Danite, whose son or descendant Azareel was head of his tribe in the time of David