And the chief of the house of the father of the families of the Kohathites shall be
Elizaphan the son of Uzziel.
And the prince of the tribe of the children of Zebulun, Elizaphan the son of Parnach.
1 Chronicles 15:
Of the sons of Elizaphan; Shemaiah the chief, and his brethren two hundred:
2 Chronicles 29:
And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah:
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Numbers 3:30; his descendants took a lead in religion under David and Hezekiah (1 Chronicles 15:8; 2 Chronicles 29:13).
2. Prince of Zebulun, appointed by Moses to take part in apportioning Canaan (Numbers 34:25).
Holman Bible Dictionary
(ehl' ih zay fan) Personal name meaning, “God has hidden or treasured up.” 1. A clan leader among the sons of Kohath among the Levites in the wilderness with Moses (Numbers 3:30 ). Compare 1 Chronicles 15:8 ; 2 Chronicles 29:13 . 2 . Representative of tribe of Zebulun on the council to help Joshua and Eleazar divide the land among the tribes (Numbers 34:25 ).
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
ELIZAPHAN . 1. Prince of the Kohathites ( Numbers 3:30 , 1 Chronicles 15:8 , 2 Chronicles 29:13 ) = Elzaphan ( Exodus 6:22 , Leviticus 10:4 P [Note: Priestly Narrative.] ). 2. Zebulun’s representative for dividing the land ( Numbers 34:25 P [Note: Priestly Narrative.] ).
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son ofUzziel, and a 'chief' of the Kohathites. Numbers 3:30 ; 1 Chronicles 15:8 . He is called ELZAPHANin Exodus 6:22 ; Leviticus 10:4 . With Mishael he had the painful duty of removing the dead bodies of Nadab and Abihu.
2. Son of Parnach and a prince of the tribe of Zebulun. Numbers 34:25 .
3. Father of certain Levites that assisted Hezekiah in cleansing the temple. 2 Chronicles 29:13 . Perhaps the same as No. 1.
Elzaphan - See Elizaphan
Elzaphan - See Elizaphan
Parnach - A Zebulunite, father of Elizaphan
Parnach - The father of Elizaphan ( Numbers 34:25 )
Parnach - Father of Elizaphan (Numbers 34:25 )
Par'Naeh - (delicate ), father or ancestor of Elizaphan prince of the tribe of Zebulun
Parnach - Father of Elizaphan
Shimri - Son of Elizaphan, a Levite
Elizaphan - Elizaphan
Elzaphan - ” An abbreviated form of Elizaphan
Jeiel - Son of Elizaphan, a Levite
je-i'el - ) ...
A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Elizaphan
Shemai'ah - (1 Chronicles 9:16 ) ...
Son of Elizaphan, and chief of his house in the reign of David
Shemaiah - Son of Elizaphan, a Levite
Shemaiah - Head of the levitical Kohathite clan of Elizaphan in the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 15:8 ; 1 Chronicles 15:11 )
Korah - ...
Elizaphan of the youngest branch, descended from Uzziel (Numbers 3:27; Numbers 3:30), was preferred before Korah of the elder Izharite branch and made "chief of the house of the father of the families of the Kohathites"; hence probably arose his pique against Moses