2 Chronicles 29:
Then the Levites arose, Mahath the son of Amasai, and Joel the son of Azariah, of the sons of the Kohathites: and of the sons of Merari, Kish the son of Abdi, and Azariah the son of Jehalelel: and of the Gershonites; Joah the son of Zimmah, and Eden the son of Joah:
Easton's Bible Dictionary
A Gershonite Levite (1 Chronicles 6:20 ).
Another Gershonite Levite (1 Chronicles 6:42 ).
The father of Joah (2 Chronicles 29:12 ).
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
ZIMMAH . A family of Gershonite Levites ( 1 Chronicles 6:20 (5), 42 (27), 2 Chronicles 29:12 ).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. A Gershonite Levite, son of Jahath (1 Chronicles 6:20).
2. Another, son of Shimei (1 Chronicles 6:42; compare 1).
3. Father or ancestor of Joab (2 Chronicles 29:12); the same collocation of names is in 1 Chronicles 6:20-21. The same names are often repeated in one family.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(zihm' muh) Personal name; perhaps an abbreviation of “Yahweh has considered or resolved.” A Levite (1Chronicles 6:20,1 Chronicles 6:42 ; 2 Chronicles 29:12 ).
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son ofJahath, a Gershonite. 1 Chronicles 6:20 .
2. Son of Shimei, a Gershonite. 1 Chronicles 6:42 .
3. A Gershonite, father of Joah. 2 Chronicles 29:12 .
Zimnah - (zihm' nuh) TEV alternate form of Zimmah (2 Chronicles 29:12 )
Joah - Son of Zimmah, a Gershonite. Son of Zimmah, a Gershonite
Zimmah - Zimmah
Ethan - Levite, son of Zimmah
Zim'Mah - ) At a much earlier period we find the same collocation of names, Zimmah and Joah as father and son
jo'ah - ) ...
The son or grandson of Zimmah, a Gershonite